Apple has mostly been a big yawn-fest lately. Which is unfortunate, because while Samsung is innovative, they have this pesky habit of releasing crap features that rarely work as intended. For all Apple’s innovative laziness lately, they do typically execute well.
I’m hoping for a lot of things tomorrow – an iWatch, big upgrades to Apple TV, hopefully a surprise feature or two out of iOS7, and maybe a multi-task pane a la Windows 8 on the iPad. But alas, I fear I will only be getting these things:
- iPhone 5S. The S really does stand for the same – or scanner. Or slightly-speedier. Who cares. More of the same here.
- 80% Likely: Fingerprint Scanner
- 70% Likely: Champagne/Gold Color
- 30% Likely: NFC
- iPhone 5C: C is for Cat! errr… Color!
- 90% Likely: Colorful, slightly crappier versions of the iPhone 5.
- iOS 7 will launch with no new features than what has already been detailed.
- New iPods… that are mostly unchanged from the last iPods.
- Consumer launch of Mavericks.
- Pastel Blue MS Painty versions of iCloud Apps will debut
- And the big one: NO iWATCH.
Overall … meh.